Ebiten 1.12 Release Notes
Issues for v1.12.0
A feature to write a custom shader and a new Go-flavored language Kage are introduced. See the document Shader for the details.
The below APIs are added for this feature.
AddressUnsafe is newly introduced (Issue 1219).
(*ColorM).Invert is newly introduced (Issue 548).
CompositeModeMultiply is newly introduced (Issue 410).
SetInitFocused is newly introduced (Issue 769).
IsScreenClearedEveryFrame is newly introduced (Issue 1132, Issue 1315).
text.BoundString is newly introduced (Issue 1151, Issue 1272).
AddressUnsafeis newly introduced (Issue 1219).
(*ColorM).Invertis newly introduced (Issue 548).
CompositeModeMultiplyis newly introduced (Issue 410).
SetInitFocusedis newly introduced (Issue 769).
IsScreenClearedEveryFrameis newly introduced (Issue 1132, Issue 1315).
text.BoundStringis newly introduced (Issue 1151, Issue 1272).
A breaking change with
SubImage rendering is introduced. See the blog article "Breaking change to 1.12: rendering sub-images" for the details.
- This release includes all the bug fixes in v1.11.x.
- The upper side was cropped unexpectedly (Issue 1163).
- Edges at the rendering target were sometimes missing (Issue 1171).
- Crash with a specific gamepad (Issue 1173).
- Crash on Mint Linux on Parallels (Issue 1310).
- Crash on a specific Android device (Issue 1342).
- Wrong scaling on Cinnamon desktop (Issue 1307, Issue 1350).
- Adopted an explicit way to detect the context lost on browsers and Android (Issue 1175, Issue 1176).
- Improved memory usage (Issue 797, Issue 1220, Issue 1221, Issue 1222).
Issues for v1.12.1
- Wrong rendering OpenType glyphs with
- Wrong rendering texts with
text.Drawwhen the kerning is negative (Issue 1378).
Issues for v1.12.2
ebiten.SetVsyncEnabled(false)before the main loop didn't work on macOS (Issue 1364).
- Rare crash at
audio.NewContexton macOS and iOS (Issue 1386).
Issues for v1.12.3
- Drawing images with extreme scaling caused infinite loop (Issue 1398).
- Crash when Ebiten tries to create a too big images for mipmap (Issue 1399).
Issues for v1.12.4
- On the fullscreen mode, the window was unexpectedly minimized when switching the screens (Issue 1405).
- Stuttering sound on Raspberry Pi 400 (Issue 1424).
Issues for v1.12.5
- OpenGL was unexpectedly used instead of Metal on macOS Big Sur (Issue 1429).
Issues for v1.12.6
- Internal textures might be bigger than the limitation unexpectedly (Issue 1454).
Issues for v1.12.7
- Deadlock at playing audio (Issue 1469).
Issues for v1.12.8
- Memory leak when the screen scale is less than 1 on WebAssembly (Issue 1479).
- Wrong scaling on Samsung Galaxy S20 (Issue 1481).
- Ebitenmobile didn't work with Go 1.16 (Issue 1484, Issue 1487, Issue 1493).
Issues for v1.12.9
- Possible misuse of reflect.SliceHeader (Issue 1495).
- The current playing position was not shown correctly at
- On the fullscreen mode, the application was not hidden when switching the other applications (reverting Issue 1405) (Issue 1504).
Issues for v1.12.10
- Gamepads didn't work on some Android devices (Issue 1542).
- Crashed with
- Race condition when calling
DrawImagefrom multiple goroutines on browsers (Issue 1546).
Issues for v1.12.11
- Documentation fix for
Issues for v1.12.12
- Failed to build with the latest GopherJS (Issue 1582).
CursorPositionbefore the main loop crashed (Issue 1559).
- Freeze when resizing the window size after maximizing the window size (Issue 1580).
- go-getting with
go get github.com/hajimehoshi/ebiten/...failed (Issue 1581).
- Carsh when toggling the fullscreen mode when the window is in native fullscreen (by pressing the green button) on macOS (Issue 1578).
- examples/audiopanning crashed on browsers (Issue 1598).
- In examples/windowsize, the window automatically moved on Linux (Issue 1605).
- In examples/windowsize, the window vibrated when resizing it on Linux (Issue 1617).
- Getting the device scale on start-up might fail on Windows (Issue 1612).
- Freeze when resize the window very quickly on Linux (Issue 1618).